Monday, March 6, 2017

Pray for Marriages (It begins with Him)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

When I ponder divorce rates (close to 50%) and couple it with the decline in marriage rates, it makes me wonder if there is a correlation between these declines and the decline in Christianity of nearly 8% in the last 7 years.*  If one does not know the Lord, and God is but an abstraction rather than one’s rock, compass, fortress, love, or hope, then certainly one wouldn’t think twice about having a cohabitating relationship or exiting a marriage when it no longer measures up.

However we were made to know Him.  Each of us has a longing that only God can fill.

“This is the covenant I will establish with them after those days, says the Lord: “I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them upon their minds,’” he also says: “Their sins and their evildoing I will remember no more.”  Hebrews 10:16:17

We are called to evangelize by our words or by how we live.  We are to share the reason for our hope and God’s love for humanity.

With age-old love I have loved you; so I have kept my mercy toward you. Jeremiah 31:3

Let us pray that by living a life centered in God, we may be His instruments in helping others get to know Him.  May the Lord penetrate more deeply the hearts of the married that they may choose to fulfill their covenantal vows of a life-long marriage.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

To know Him is to love Him.  Pass it on! 

* Pew Research Center