Friday, April 14, 2017

Pray for Families (Sacrificial Love)

Good Friday

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

On this Good Friday, take some time to meditate on Christ’s Passion and all He has taught us.  Let Him speak directly to you.

My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
Why so far from my call for help, from my cries of anguish?
My God, I call by day, but you do not answer;
By night, but I have no relief.

Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the glory of Israel.
In you our fathers trusted; they trusted and you rescued them.
To you they cried out and they escaped;
in you they trusted and were not disappointed.


“You who fear the LORD, give praise! All descendants of Jacob, give honor;
Show reverence, all descendants of Israel!
For he has not spurned or disdained the misery of this poor wretch,
Did not turn away from me, but heard me when I cried out.

And I will live for the LORD; my descendants will serve you.
The generation to come will be told of the Lord, that they may proclaim
to a people yet unborn the deliverance you have brought.  
Psalm 22:2-6, 24-25, 31-32

“Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.”  Luke 23:34

I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do.  John 13:15

Jesus displayed the Father's love for us by teaching us how to pray and what sacrificial love looks like. As Jesus did, show love for your family through prayer and sacrificial acts.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet 

There is no greater love than to die to self for another.  Pass it on!