Friday, May 5, 2017

Pray for Families (New Life in Him)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Many people today think religion or even believing in Christ and His teachings is constraining, irrelevant, difficult to accept, and antiquated.  Perhaps this is you or someone you know. 

Have you ever wondered, “If Jesus came today, would I recognize Him? Believe Him?” Follow Him?

Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. This is the bread that came down from heaven. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever.  John 6:53-58

Like manna in the desert, Christ today feeds us with Himself, the Bread of Life in the Eucharist. Do we recognize Him? Take advantage of this gift of life?

Then many of his disciples who were listening said, “This saying is hard; who can accept it?” Since Jesus knew that his disciples were murmuring about this, he said to them, “Does this shock you? What if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? John 6:60-63

Yes, it is shocking!  Jesus was then and always will be counter-cultural, but so is His unwavering love for us!  Mind-blowing!

But there are some of you who do not believe.” Jesus knew from the beginning the ones who would not believe and the one who would betray him. And he said, “For this reason I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by my Father.” As a result of this, many [of] his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him. John 6:64-66

Let us pray for those who waver, or who have chosen to leave: our family, our friends, our coworkers, and even strangers, for we are all one family in Christ.

Jesus then said to the Twelve, “Do you also want to leave?” John 6:67

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Be counter-cultural! Pass it on!