Friday, August 4, 2017

Pray for Families (Stuck in the Thicket)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Everyone has family members that they worry about.  It’s one thing to worry about someone’s physical health.  It’s another thing to worry about the health of their soul.   While you can’t always force someone to see a physician, once their health deteriorates enough they will more likely warm up to the idea.  So too it is with the spiritual life.  When all is going well, who is thinking of God?  Yet when one’s soul-satiating activity is replaced by activities feeding one’s ego and pride, they will eventually find themselves stuck in the thicket with no way out.

I have wandered like a lost sheep; seek out your servant, for I do not forget your commandments.  Psalm 119:176

Perhaps it is at this time they call out to the Lord. The Lord hears their every cry, and like a Good Shepherd He seeks out His lost sheep who have lost all sense of direction.

I myself will pasture my sheep; I myself will give them rest—oracle of the Lord GOD. The lost I will search out, the strays I will bring back, the injured I will bind up, and the sick I will heal. Ezekiel 34:15-16

Let us praise our God who never gives up on us!! 

Lord, we lift up to you our family members who weigh heaviest on our hearts; those who have strayed the furthest from you.  We are confident in your mercy, compassion, and love so please seek each of them out and call them to you by name.  Open their ears that they may hear your voice. Extricate them from all that binds them.  Hear the prayers of your faithful Lord, and renew in us our desire to continue to pray.  Jesus we trust in You!

Good and upright is the LORD, therefore he shows sinners the way, For the sake of your name, LORD, pardon my guilt, though it is great. Who is the one who fears the LORD?  God shows him the way he should choose.  Psalm 25:8;11-12

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

There’s a simpler way to get out of the thicket.  Call out to the Lord! Pass it on!