Monday, August 7, 2017

Pray for Marriages (Facing Distress)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Each marriage is a special union. Ups and downs are inevitable and most of the time it is easy to go with the ebb and flow.  But what happens when you hit a wall and it seems like there is no way through, over, under, or around it? You feel left in total distress. It is times like these that we may cry out to the Lord and say, “I’m done.” Help me or just take me!

We are not alone.  Even Moses got frustrated with the weight of his mission and the complaining of the Israelites as he tried to lead them out of the desert.

If this is the way you will deal with me, then please do me the favor of killing me at once, so that I need no longer face my distress.”  Numbers 11:15

Perhaps it is at these times that we gain a deeper understanding of our dependence on God. As a result, we seek to deepen our relationship with Him. He then pulls us close and asks us to trust Him for He has a perfect plan even if like Moses, we can’t yet see it.

I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do. John 13:15

Lord, we delude ourselves by thinking that we know what’s best for our marriage, but when our will fights with yours, things only get worse. Help us to patiently trust you, to continue to honor our vows, and to love even when we don’t feel like it. You Lord, who rained down manna in the desert, can certainly perfect a marriage that’s wilting in the heat. Rain down restorative grace! Most importantly, help us to allow You to reign in our hearts always.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

God is the solution to one’s distress.  Pass it on!