Monday, September 11, 2017

Pray for Marriages (The Miracle of Conformity)

Greeting Prayer Warriors,

Decades ago, when my marriage was less than ideal, I remember believing I knew what the best course of action was, for my will was telling me to leave. I was in a lot of misery, but blind to the fact that my misery was compounded by not following the will of God. As much as I thought I was seeking the Lord’s will in prayer, I think I spent most of my time trying to convince Him that my will was right.  Lucky for me, we have a very patient God who loves us beyond measure, and when we least expect it, He commands our attention. I hadn’t anticipated that the Lord was going to ask me whether I would follow Him or not, but He did. I wrestled with the fact that His question was too black and white, there was no room for a “let me think about it”, as there were only two possible answers. Although I was prideful, I wasn’t proud enough to say no to the Lord, thus it was yes. But then something unexpected happened. My misery lifted and a sense of peace enveloped me. I was able to re-enter my relationship with a new perspective… 

I can do all things in him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

I had to focus one day at a time. 

If they listen and serve him, they spend their days in prosperity, their years in happiness. Job 36:11

With a stronger reliance on God, everything became easier. “My will, my way” apparently wasn’t the best road.  Imagine that! ;) Marriage will always have its crosses to bear, but through them the Lord seeks to perfect us. With time, I have found joy in each cross, because Jesus is right there holding it with me.

We even boast of our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance, and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope, and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the holy Spirit that has been given to us. Romans 5:3-5

Lord, when a marriage finds itself off course, meet each person where they are at. They may be fearful, angry, confused, lonely, frustrated, or despairing. When their fight or flight instinct kicks in, may they sense you before them with open arms ready to comfort and redirect them. Only you Lord know what we need before we need it. You are always standing in the gap, no matter how estranged one feels in their marriage or even from You. Infuse each marriage with the supernatural grace it needs to thrive. Then mold our wills to conform with your perfect plan for our marriages.  Jesus we trust in You!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Witness everyday miracles.  Conform your will to His.  Pass it on!