Friday, November 10, 2017

Pray for Families (Truth or Lie?)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

It’s great to feel good about yourself, isn’t it?  While self-confidence and positive affirmations are important, self-love is not. Have you ever had a conversation with yourself and mused in self-gratification, “I’m a good person.  I am kinder than most, go to church more than most and even donate to charities.”  Your thoughts continue,  “My sins aren’t that bad”.  “Sure, I sin sometimes, but I don’t think God thinks they are that big a deal.”  “My sins are nothing compared to my friends!”  “God doesn’t mind if I miss Mass/Church occasionally.  He’ll understand that the big game was on…or that I needed my sleep…or that I had company...”

Sound familiar? Unknowingly, we allow ourselves to be deluded by the Father of Lies.  A podcast I heard recently slapped to attention. It went something like this: Adam and Eve sinned ONCE and as a result ALL subsequent generations lost paradise.  Just once!! As a result, shame, toil, pain, lust, sadness, anger, pride, envy, greed and so on, entered into the world.  Death was to be our end. Yet God the Father sent his only begotten Son into the world to pay the debt for our sin.  If we look at the crucifix we can see what our sin did.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life. John 3:16

One sin blocked us from paradise so don’t allow Satan to tell you that your sin doesn’t matter. Turn away from sin. Face the Truth.

Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth.  John 17:17

I am the way and the truth and the life. John 14:6

You are loved eternally.  That is the Truth.  Spend more time with the One who delights in you the most! Pray that your loved ones do the same!

I made known to them your name and I will make it known, that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them.” John 17:26

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Truth.  Pass it on!