Monday, December 30, 2019

Pray for Marriages (End of Year Reflections)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

It’s hard to believe another year is ending.  It makes me very introspective.  Am I fulfilling the purpose for which the Lord created me?  Since I do not know the length of my life, but realize it is shortening with each breath, am I living each second, minute, hour, and day conscious of how finite my existence is here, and with a purpose of gaining an eternity with God?  Am I bringing other souls closer to Him?  

It is the hour now for you to awake from sleep. For our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed; the night is advanced, the day is at hand.  Romans 13:11-12

What have I done to serve and glorify the Lord this year?  What have I failed to do? In what ways do I unconsciously offend the Lord?  Have I glorified Him in my life, especially in my marriage?  Do I reflect on how the Lord is working in my life, and praise Him for the many blessings?

With reminders in every other segment of our lives, perhaps 2020 is the year of embracing technology to remind us to pray and read scripture, for each brings us closer to God. Plus, the Word is the perfect guide to perfect living.
  • Let love be sincere; hate what is evil, hold on to what is good; love one another with mutual affection; anticipate one another in showing honor. 
  • Do not grow slack in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.
  • Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer.
  • Contribute to the needs of the holy ones, exercise hospitality.
  • Bless those who persecute [you], bless and do not curse them.
  • Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.
  • Have the same regard for one another; do not be haughty but associate with the lowly; do not be wise in your own estimation.
  • Do not repay anyone evil for evil; be concerned for what is noble in the sight of all.
  • If possible, on your part, live at peace with all.   Romans 12: 9-17
Life is a marvelous journey, made more joyful when one is united with prayer warriors like yourselves. Know you never walk alone, for the Lord is always with you. Know you never pray alone either, for we all remain united in prayer for one another.
 

O Lord of all, I know how much you love each one of these prayer warriors. Please provide abundant blessings for each one, with extra graces upon their marriage and family. Defend and protect them, and bring them your enduring peace. Help them to see the wisdom of your perfect plan for them that they may glorify you in this life and the next. Amen. 

Peace, Joy, and Love, 
Janet

Praise God by increasing the heavenly noise in 2020. Pass it on!