Friday, January 17, 2020

Pray for Families (The Delusion of Self-Repair)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Have you ever tried to repair something, and in an effort to find an easier, less costly fix, cut corners only to discover that it didn’t really help the problem but created even more hassles? 

Unfortunately, all too often we do that with our spiritual life. We sin, minimize and rationalize it, only to continue to sin and rather than seeking the Divine Healer in Confession, we delude ourselves by the self-talk of, “I’m really a good person, better than most people I know. I don’t need help, I’ve got this. Compared to my friends and coworkers, I’m a saint!”

As we continue on the journey and find ourselves lonely, dismissed, or unappreciated, instead of turning to the Divine Lover who yearns for time with us, we seek to fill the void with food, drug, alcohol, or the wrong people or the wrong things.  

Since my heart was embittered and my soul deeply wounded, I was stupid and could not understand. Psalms 73:21-22

We all have a God-sized hole in our heart, that only He can fill. There is no cut-rate substitute that can fill it, as it will only create more destruction. Let us then turn to the Divine Healer on behalf of ourselves and our families, and pray for the humility to admit how much we need the Lord. 

Come Lord Jesus! Heal us of the blindness that prevents us from seeing ourselves how we truly are.  Heal us of our pride and vanity, so that we may only seek to please you. Come fill our hearts, so that we may love with purity of intention. May we always praise your goodness with our words and our actions!

Whom else have I in the heavens? None beside you delights me on earth. Though my flesh and my heart fail, God is the rock of my heart, my portion forever.  Psalms 73:25-26

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Make a difference and pass it on!