Monday, September 6, 2010

Pray for M.O.M. (Find refuge in the Lord)

Good Afternoon Prayer Warriors,

The beauty of marriage is that one is given a helpmate, a best friend to provide constant companionship, support, and encouragement, so that we may never be alone in our labors. When this relationship stops being synergistic and mutually self-giving, it usually begins to falter. The resultant pain can be overwhelming, often resulting in feelings of fear, loss, despair, and hopelessness.

I look to my right hand, but no friend is there. There is no escape for me; no one cares for me. I cry out to you, LORD, I say, You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living. Ps 142: 4-5

We pray for marriages because so often one forgets that the Lord is always present, always waiting, always ready to provide comfort, love, and strength.

I raise my eyes toward the mountains. From where will my help come? My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth. Ps 121: 1-2

The Lords never fails.

I pray that the Lord blesses all the faithful prayer warriors, as you are angels to me. Continue to pray for marriages, and please invite others to join in.

Peace, Love, and Joy,
Janet