Friday, March 11, 2011

Pray for Families (Surrender)

Good Morning Prayer Warriors!

A few weeks ago I was really frustrated in prayer. It actually put me in a bad mood. I was in my car “stewing” over it, when the Divine Comedian told me I needed to cough up my furballs. I started laughing. There went my bad mood.

“What furballs?” was my first thought. Perhaps I needed to dive deeper.

As you walk your Lenten journey with Christ, ask yourself what is keeping you from union with Him. Are you holding on to old hurts, some that are 5, 10, 20, 30, or more years old? Does this affect your relationship with family or friends? Are old hurts your weapons in battle? Or are they your armor?

When you stand to pray, forgive anyone against whom you have a grievance, so that your heavenly Father may in turn forgive you your transgressions. Mark 11:25

We were indeed buried with him through baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might live in newness of life. For if we have grown into union with him through a death like his, we shall also be united with him in the resurrection. Romans 6:4-5

Surrender all anger, hurts, and grievances, to the Lord to bring about healing in your family, in your friendships, in your heart. Then pray for families, that they may have the courage to forgive each other.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Call someone to forgiveness. simplyinspiredprayer.blogspot.com/