Friday, April 1, 2011

Pray for Families (Bearing Fruit)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

As we are almost mid-way through Lent, I hope your Lenten sacrifices are bearing fruit both within you and outside of you. I am always amazed at how much I struggle with little sacrifices. As I struggle, sometimes I offer up my sacrifice for a particular fruit, such as for the reparation of sins, that a hardened heart may soften, that someone may no longer hunger, etc. Perhaps I just do better when I have a short-term goal vs. the long-term goal of the heavenly banquet.

Having a family and/or being part of a family is such an opportunity for spiritual growth. Your focus is constantly pulled outside of yourself, where it should be. For Christ never dwelled on His own needs but those of others. His ministry had such a simple focus and message: Love a.k.a. Charity. Not love of self, but love of others. Loving others bears incredible fruit: Joy and Peace. Bringing peace into a family must start with love. Unconditional Love.

Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:7

Love often requires incredible sacrifice. Imitate Christ. Practice unselfish love within your family and make it your prayer.

Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet

Bring peace to others through love. http://simplyinspiredprayer.blogspot.com/