Friday, April 29, 2011

Pray for Families (Mercy)

mer·cy noun \ˈmər-sē\

a blessing that is an act of divine favor or compassion; compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender or to one subject to one's power. *

Dearest Prayer Angels,

With each step that I take toward the Lord, I seem to experience a newfound wisdom, one that fortunately or unfortunately, allows me to see my past with clarity. But I rejoice in the fact that we have an ever merciful Lord, who loves me in spite of who I was, who I am, and who I will be. All He asks is that I acknowledge my sins and ask for His mercy.

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)

But to expect mercy, we must also be willing to give it. So in imitation of Christ, let’s not pick and chose who we will be merciful to, but start by extending our mercy to the person in our life who is most difficult to forgive. Then, extend this love and mercy on to your family members, and then on to others. Prepare yourself first with prayer. Pray for yourself and for those to which you will show your mercy.

But you, beloved, build yourselves up in your most holy faith; pray in the holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in the love of God and wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. On those who waver, have mercy. Jude 1:20-22

May mercy, peace, and love be yours in abundance. Jude 1:2

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Be generous with your mercy. Share it. Pass this on.

* abbreviated from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary