Monday, September 17, 2012

Pray for Marriages (Finding Him in the silence)


Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Have you ever been frustrated in prayer, feeling like you are doing all the talking, crying, or pleading and all you hear is silence?  I would venture to guess that most of you would answer, “yes”.  We all long to hear Godly locutions, but that isn’t how the Lord usually talks to us.  He is much more subtle. 

I was contemplating the silence (what appeared to be non-response) when my soul seemed to hear. 

I am in the silence.  I endured my Passion in silence; stay with me. 
When you feel alone or deserted, be with me in the Garden of Gethsemane. 

Do you feel unloved and the disdain of others?  Be with me at my scourging. 

Are you a victim of negativity and verbal barbs? Have you suffered humiliation and abuse? Be with me as I am crowned with thorns.

Do you feel the weight of the world upon your shoulders?  Are you being crushed financially, physically, emotionally, or spiritually?  Unite with me and we will carry that cross together. 

Are you willing to stay with me in the silence and surrender everything to the will of my Father?  Then stand at the foot of the cross and console me.  Look at the cross and you will see and know Love. 

Bring your troubles to me.  I am bearing them with you in the silence. 

So I ask you not to lose heart over my afflictions for you; this is your glory.  For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that he may grant you in accord with the riches of his glory to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner self, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.  Eph 3: 13-19

Today and all week long, pray for marriages that are crushed by their burdens, tortured by their behaviors, and pierced by unkind words, for they have lost their love.  May they find true Love at the foot of the cross.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Share the Love.  Pass it on.