Monday, September 10, 2012

Pray for Marriages (A plea for grace)


Greetings Prayer Warriors,

The following quote made me smile:

"The success of marriage comes not in finding the “right” person, but in the ability of both partners to adjust to the real person they inevitably realize they married."    -John Fischer

Too often we think the “right” person is the one with whom our relationship feels effortless.   Life however throws way too many curveballs for “effortless” to last for long.

Marriage is all about adjustment, adaptability, and compromise.   Only we want the other person to do all the adjusting, adapting and compromising! We cannot be successful at this without abundant grace.  However, we must be open to receiving that grace.  So let us humbly pray that we receive all the grace we need.

Heavenly Father, help me with my own humility first.   With the help of thy grace, help me to see my own rough edges, so that I may be less critical of my spouses'.  Gift me with gentleness, patience, and self- control as I adjust my temperament, judgment, and expectations.   Through a generosity of spirit, may I always reflect your unconditional love.    I humbly ask this in the name of your beloved Son, Jesus Christ, not just for me, but for all marriages.  Amen.

Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; hearken to my cry of supplication.  
Psalm 86:6

Peace, Love, and Joy,
Janet

A cry for grace.  Let all the world hear.   Pass it on.