Monday, November 18, 2013

Pray for Marriages (Classroom of Love)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Do you ever wonder why God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply*”? We know they needed to “fill the earth” but don’t you wonder if there was more to it?

I do ponder such things, and I wonder if it has to do with the importance of marriage and family in understanding God as a loving, merciful Father.

Marriage takes our focus off of our self and on to another person.  Through parenthood we learn what it is to love someone even more than ourselves.  As a child, through our parents, we experience what unconditional love is and the difference between motherly and fatherly love.  As children, we learn from our nuclear and extended family what familial love and mercy is. 

God’s plan is always is beyond what we imagine.  Perhaps His design of marriage and family is meant as the path for us to come to understand and truly know God, as a loving and merciful Heavenly Father.  Everyone has parents, but the destruction of marriage and family has put unexpected obstacles along the path to God.   Is it any wonder that Satan is working hard to destroy the path?

This is why we pray for marriage and family!

In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me, because I live and you will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father and you are in me and I in you. Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.” John 14:19-21

Thank you for your ongoing commitment to pray.   May God bless you abundantly!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Ask your friends and family to pray for Marriages on Mondays and Families on Fridays.  Pass it on!

*Genesis 1:28