Friday, April 18, 2014

Pray for Families (By His Wounds We Are Healed)

Good Friday

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

He was pierced for our sins, crushed for our iniquity. He bore the punishment that makes us whole, by his wounds we were healed. We had all gone astray like sheep, all following our own way; But the LORD laid upon him the guilt of us all. Isaiah 53: 5-6

Take time today, as a family if possible, to meditate on Christ’s Passion. His actions exemplify how to live a life of love, which glorifies the Father. Such pure abandonment to the will of God will bring healing to ourselves and to our families.

Imagine Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. Meditate on his total trust, surrender, and abandonment to the Father. 

Lord, help me to trust that you are in control of my life, so that I may surrender more fully to you. You know what’s best for me, even when it’s seems difficult.

See the guards shackle him and take him away to be scourged. What sins shackle you and thus shackled Him? 

Lord, break my chains!

Jesus is crowned with thorns, spat upon, and mocked. 

Lord, help me see where my heart is hardened to my own or another’s brutality of words or deeds. Create in me a new heart O Lord!

See Him with Pontius Pilate. The crowd elects to release the murderer, Barabbas, versus sparing the innocent blood of Jesus. Where in our life, our city, our nation, do we defend the murderous and pierce the innocent?

Lord, have mercy on your people! Lead us into to the Truth!

Jesus carries the cross out of unfathomable love for us.

Lord, help me carry my cross out of love for others as well. Help me to love more selflessly!

Jesus is mocked, tortured by whips, thorns, & spikes, then stripped naked, humiliated, and crucified without compassion, all for love of YOU. 

Lord, help me to see where I have hurt you by choosing other things over you in my life. Grant me the grace to always put you first in my day and not crowd you out of it with activities that I love more than you. I promise you (__) minutes of every day.

We praise you and thank you Jesus, for carrying our burden of sin and redeeming us so that we may have everlasting life with you. May our families be healed by the precious blood and water that flows from your Sacred Heart as a perpetual fount of mercy for us. Jesus we trust in You!

They do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world. Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth. John 17:16-17

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Share the good news of our redemption--Pass it on!