Friday, June 6, 2014

Pray for Families (A Charitable Heart)

Greeting Prayer Warriors,

Amidst the onslaught of horrific news via different media outlets, I hold on to the fact that most people are inherently good.  Whether I experience it when I travel, wait in line, or shop, the strangers I meet are predominantly kind.   Most of us can think of a time when a stranger offered a helping hand, support, referrals, money, a kind word, a prayer, a jump-start, or a connection.   Why would one reach out to a stranger?  Because God wired us for goodness!

“I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them upon their minds.” Hebrews 10:16   Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

Our spirit knows that we are one big family, much beloved children of God, and thus when we let our hearts act rather than our often narcissistic minds, we touch others in ways often unseen.   All we need to do is allow the Lord to work in our lives, unimpeded!

Let us pray for an outpouring of the gift of charity (love) on all of God’s children.  Let us not neglect to include those who do evil, as they need our prayers too.  Often, evil acts stem from a heart damaged by rejection and hurt.

A glad heart lights up the face, but an anguished heart breaks the spirit. Proverbs 15:13 Insult has broken my heart, and I despair; I looked for compassion, but there was none, for comforters, but found none.  
Psalm 69:21

Prayer is a gateway to loving more.  Keep praying!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Prayer begets love; love begets prayer.  Don’t break the cycle!  Pass it on!