Monday, September 7, 2015

Pray for Marriages (Rest for the Weary)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Take rest from your labors!

Oh how we burden ourselves emotionally, mentally, and physically.  Although not all burdens are of our doing, we still worry too much about this or that, we over-think to a point of exhaustion, and we work, work, work, because we can never complete the ongoing to-do list.

I am inviting you to find your rest spiritually!  Find a quiet place. Turn inward to the chapel of your heart.  Each beat is an “I love you” from the Lord.  Each breath is a sign of His mercy and adds oxygen to the fire of His love.  Stop to contemplate this.  Rest in the comforting warmth of His love.  Share your emotional, mental, physical, and even spiritual burdens with Him.  Allow yourself to bathe in the ocean of His mercy.  In prayer, bring your spouse with you into this inferno of love and abyss of mercy.  Pray for your marriage and/or the marriages of others.  Ask for healing, and an increase of faith, hope, and love.

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.   Matthew 11:28-30

Be at peace.  Rest in Him.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Invite someone to rest in His love and mercy. Pass it on!