Friday, November 2, 2012

Pray for Families (Prayers for the departed)


Greetings Prayer Angels,

On this feast of All Souls Day, may our prayers rise up to the heavens, fragrant as an intoxicating perfume, remembering and interceding for those who went before us.

May the God of peace himself make you perfectly holy and may you entirely, spirit, soul, and body, be preserved blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:23

Lord, we pray for the souls of all those family members, biologic or spiritual, who have gone before us in life; those who have been beautiful witnesses of their faith; those who knew no faith.; those who led by example; those who were a poor example; those who have loved us the most; those who loved us the least; those who nurtured us; those who wounded us.  In praying, may we experience and come to know how much you truly love these souls.  Have mercy on them; Have mercy on us.  Bring all the faithfully departed into your presence, that they may come to know your glory.

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for You Jesus or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in Your presence or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine.
Lyrics from “I Can Only Imagine” by Mercyme

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Ask for prayers for the dearly departed.  Pass it on.