Friday, March 16, 2018

Pray for Families (Timeless Love)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Three months.  Three deaths.  That is the number of relatives I have lost in a short time. Two were totally unexpected.  I know my experience is not unique. Death is a guarantee. With each death, though, I believe most people ask themselves a series of questions: When did I last see them?  What was our last conversation about? Did they know I loved them?   

We are never guaranteed our tomorrows with anyone. Each conversation, every glance or glare, and each act of injury or kindness could be your last with someone. Now is the time to reconnect, mend relationships, ask forgiveness, and abandon self-love for self-less love.  Hug your family members and say “I you love”.  Those words could be someone’s lasting memory of you.

As I have loved you, so you also should love one another. John 13:34

Dearest Jesus, love and mercy, are easy virtues to aspire to and difficult ones to live by. Help us to reflect your image in word, deed, and disposition.  May we be but an instrument in your hand that seeks to bring about healing wherever needed in our familial relationships. Be our guide so that our love for one another may be timeless and without bounds. Jesus we trust in You!  Amen.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Love is contagious.  Start a pandemic and pass it on!