Monday, April 30, 2018

Pray for Marriages (White Ops)

Greeting Prayer Warriors,

Recently, someone was asking me about my new job.  When describing it to others, its goal sounds impossible, so this person remarked, “It’s like Black Ops, you have to be totally stealth!”  I chuckled at this image, as I am always up for a good challenge. 

Sometime later as I was replaying this humorous conversation in my mind, it reminded me of another part of my life, prayer. As prayer warriors, it’s like “white ops”, a battle for souls (ours included).  Stealthily, but consistently we sow seeds of good by our collective prayers, branching out further and further, as we remain in Him, the Vine. We are continually pruned and fertilized in our daily life seemingly by those around us, but the Lord does the pruning and causes additional growth, allowing us to bear more fruit for His Kingdom. Yes to others, our life just looks difficult, for they cannot anticipate the springtime that will occur.

I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing.  John 15:5

As a “White Operative,” believe in the power of your prayer, be it a short plea, the Our Father, or a long rosary. 

The fervent prayer of a righteous person is very powerful. James 5:16

Believe in the power of offering up your crosses for the good of another. Believe that change does happen, but in God’s perfect timing. Do not lose hope! 

They that hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar on eagles’ wings. Isaiah 40:31

Continue to be a spiritual warrior for marriage and family, and recruit new soldiers, as we need to increase the volume to be heard over Satan’s black operatives.  

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always, the Spirit of truth, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you. John 14:13-14, 16-17

Unbelievers will not believe in the power of your prayer until their hearts are converted by the ability of your prayer to call down the Holy Spirit. Pray for marriages this week, especially those in most need, that the Spirit of Love and Truth may wash over them and plant new seeds of hope.

May Peace, Joy, and Love envelop the whole world and create a tidal wave of change!
Janet

It’s open recruitment time!  Pass it on!