Friday, February 12, 2021

Pray for Families (Hope and Healing)

 

Greetings Prayer Warriors, 

 

Sometimes I catch myself bemoaning the evil in the world. Other times, I complain about all the division in this country.  And sometimes I worry about conflicts within my greater family. However, where my focus should be redirected, is at myself and the state of my soul. Am I in a state of grace?  Have I created, be it unintentionally or not, a division with God by sinning??  

 

As we approach Lent, perhaps now is a good time to refamiliarize ourselves with what constitutes a sin.  Since the reference to sin has been purged from everyday vocabulary, one might no longer think anything is a sin. One might be surprised by what they learn and how far they have strayed. This shouldn’t be a time of fear, but rejoicing that the Lord is merciful to all who have a contrite heart. 


I saw their ways, but I will heal them. I will lead them and restore full comfort to them and to those who mourn for them, creating words of comfort. Peace! Peace to those who are far and near, says the LORD; and I will heal them. Isaiah 57:18-19

 

Change in this world, in this country, and in our families, starts with us.  Let’s begin by reconciling first with the Lord, that we may bring His love, mercy, and truth into our families and spread it throughout this broken world. 

 

For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for woe, so as to give you a future of hope. 
Jeremiah 29:11

 

Pray for your families. Pray for one another. Praying renews hope.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Everyone needs prayer. Pass it on!