Monday, September 13, 2021

Pray for Marriages (Divine Perspective)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

 

I thought I knew love on my wedding day

A heart so full, I couldn’t wait to say,

“I do! I do! Until death do us part,

I promise my honor and give you my heart!”

 

Who contemplates sickness, we both had our health, 

When you’re rich in love, you don’t seem to crave wealth.

Yet our marital life changed and evolved in a way

I never thought possible, not even for a day. 

 

But the Lord had a plan to humble us both, 

The trials began and boy did we loathe, 

The potholes and cracks we traveled upon,

The dreams that were dying, the fraying of bonds.

 

I fell to my knees, I begged and I prayed,

Tears streamed from my face; Lord help us today!

That we might have life, and relearn how to love, 

Through the struggles and strife, we need help from above!

 

I heard in my soul, let Love enter in, 

If you die to yourself, I’ll forgive all your sin.

Then peace will abound, and I’ll show you the way

But the journey will continue, so you’ll still have to pray. 

 

I now know True Love, of the infinite kind,

My heart is now mended, it’s origin divine. 

My marriage was saved and in a way was reborn, 

My praise is unending, because I was transformed.*

 

I, then, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love, striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace. So be imitators of God, as beloved children, and live in love, as Christ loved us and handed himself over for us as a sacrificial offering to God for a fragrant aroma.  Ephesians 4:1-3, 5:1-2

 

Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet 

 

With humility and supplication, continue to pray! Pass it on!  


*composed by me