Monday, January 24, 2022

Pray for Marriages (From Labor to Surrender)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

With so many demands and responsibilities, sometimes one may feel exhausted and not very loving to their spouse, (let alone the rest of the family). Worse is when loving feels like work.

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

It is exactly when we don’t feel like loving another, and can barely muster up love for ourselves but push through anyway, that we receive many graces. It’s when we offer that “labor of love” to He who is Love, that He then works through us to do what we feel incapable of on our own. It is in our surrender to Him, acknowledging all our littleness, weaknesses, and frailties, that His grace abounds.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9


So don’t beat yourself up about one more thing. The answer isn’t to do more, it’s to surrender more.

O Jesus, I surrender myself to you, take care of everything!


And when you take back everything you surrendered, let it go again and keep praying,

O Jesus, I surrender myself to you, take care of everything!

And when you begin to worry and fret and mistrust, take a deep breath and repeat,

O Jesus, I surrender myself to you, take care of everything!


And when/if you really start to question your lot in life, and/or your marriage, quiet yourself and repeat,

O Jesus, I surrender myself to you, take care of everything!

Jesus wants to heal the wounds in your marriage. Just surrender. We’ll be praying for you!

Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet

Surrender to Him and pass it on!