Monday, February 14, 2022

Pray for Marriages (Love Renewed)

Greetings Prayer Warriors, 

 

Sometimes God’s love is just so subtle.  Even in marriage there are times we think that we are all alone and unloved.  We think the Lord isn’t walking with us let alone helping us carry our cross. We think that with all His power, why can’t he swoop in and save the day, and make our marriage perfect?!  Yet, in hindsight, we can see all the times we didn’t realize he was carrying us!

 

Recently, I celebrated my 38th wedding anniversary. (Married young ;-) 😉)  What makes the number 38 so amazing, is that I never thought I’d make it to 10 years!  All the Lord ever asked of me was for one more day.  When I wanted to be the sheep that wandered off to a different pasture, He took his shepherd’s hook and said, “Trust me.” 

 

A patient man will endure until the right moment, and then joy will burst forth for him. Set you heart right and be steadfast, incline your ear and receive words of understanding, and do not be hasty in time of calamity. 

Sirach 1:23; 2:2

 

Time has given me perspective and time for contemplation.  What would life have been like for me, for my children, if I had moved on when things got tough? Would I have only traded old issues for new ones? What I do know is that the Lord never fails to stand in the gap.  I know that prayers for self and others make a difference. I know that once children become adults, they have no qualms about revealing the flaws of both of their parents. They are the mirror.

 

So today and each day, I pray for each one of you.  Whether you are single, engaged, or married, have a perfect or not so perfect marriage, I pray for you and those you pray for. 

 

May the Lord renew your heart, expand its capacity to love, bless your marriage, and grant you peace. Amen.

 

Peace, Joy, and Love, 

Janet 

 

Hope and trust.  Pass it on!