Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Pray for Marriages (A Call to Action)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

 

As we persevere in life and in marriage, we can feel pretty good about ourselves.  And perseverance is a great thing!  Yet as I read this passage in Revelation, I was forced to reflect.

 

Yet I hold this against you: you have lost the love you had at first. Realize how far you have fallen. Repent and do the works you did at first. Revelation 2:4-5

 

While love is often equated with feelings, love is an action.  Feelings keep us looking inward, while actions focus our attention outward.  The decision to love requires a daily, if not hourly commitment.  Early in the journey of love, we are giddy with excitement, in love with the feeling, and excited about the future.  We would do anything for our spouse.  But as feelings wane, and the rigors of life manifest, we must still act as Christ would; with unwavering love, endless kindnesses, and encouraging words, versus bitterness, anger, and slaying sentences.

 

Lord, we praise you for your unwavering love and patience. Help us with those virtues!  We acknowledge our love can be inconsistent, for we are easily distracted, prone to self-centeredness, and attached to our wounds.  Lord, we open the door of our heart. Heal the wounds that reside there. Help us to keep our eyes on you, so our love may become transformative as we conform ourselves to you. Stoke the fire of our love, enabling us to be a light in our marriage and a beacon of love for all marriages.  Amen.

 

Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I enter his house and dine with him and he with me.  I will give the victor the right to sit with me on my throne as I myself won the victory and sit with my Father on his throne.  Revelation 3:20-21

 

Come in and guide us to victory Lord!

 

Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet 

 

Help another hear Him knocking so they might act! Pass it on!