Friday, March 1, 2024

Pray for Families (A Path to Surrender)

Greeting Prayer Warriors,


We are a couple weeks into Lent, and it’s time for a self-assessment on how well you are keeping with your Lenten goals. No judgment here, as I am having constant missteps as I try to stay on track. I can’t even send this blog post out on time! Yet, we are all called to get back on track when we derail. 


Maybe you didn’t make any Lenten commitments? Recommit to praying for marriages and families, especially your own! Not good at fasting? Fast from what steals your prayer time. Reclaiming that time could be used to advance your journey to holiness, allowing you to be a more powerful witness to your family. It could also be used to increase your prayers for your family members. 


Lent is a time to surrender your will to God’s will.


“This is how you are to pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven. 

Matthew 6:9-10


God has a big plan for your family, young and old. The hardest  part is trusting in it, especially when His plans and timing don’t align with yours, which seems to be the majority of the time. Begin each day, by renewing your desire and commitment to surrender your will to His.


In the morning let me hear of your mercy, for in you I trust. Show me the path I should walk, for I entrust my life to you. Psalm 143:8


Keep your eyes on God. Remember, you never journey alone. There is always a prayer warrior praying for you and your family!


Seek out the LORD and his might; constantly seek his face. Psalm 105:4


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


Take a step forward in prayer and pass it on!