Monday, July 22, 2024

Pray for Marriages (Finding the Still, Small Voice)

 Greetings Prayer Warriors,


In the years I have been writing this blog/these emails, it wasn’t unusual for me to write while on vacation, post-surgeries, even on birthdays. I was driven by the desire to remind people to pray, knowing how easy it is for well-intentioned people to get side-tracked. Even I get side-tracked. However, sometimes the Lord has other plans and does what he must to get your attention. 


For the first time I can remember, there was zero internet and zero cellphone service at our annual vacation destination. As I glanced at my phone, the 5G signal would teeter between 1 bar and SOS. The Spirit in the Sky knows how to wake me up. If it’s not a 2x4 to the head message, it is silencing everything until I hear. “Take time to listen to Me. It’s our relationship you should focus on”.


It makes one wonder,  how often are we so focused on what we need to do that we don’t pay attention to what we should do. I think that happens often in marriage. We focus on what needs to get done versus focusing on the relationship. 


Make some quiet time to converse with the Lord. Perhaps He’s been  trying to help you with your marriage but you are too focused on something else? (Negativity, detraction, chores, kids, projects, etc.)


And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice. 1 King 9:11-12


Embrace the silence and have a quiet conversation with the Lord. That is the best kind of prayer. And then in the stillness, listen. All good relationships are built upon listening!


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


Prayer should be a two-way conversation. Mute the distractions! Pass it on!