Monday, October 14, 2024

Pray for Marriages (Loving Intentionally)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,


While I missed Friday’s reminder, I hope you still prayed! Family time won, (as it should). Over the years I have struggled with balancing my time set aside for the Lord and those activities that honor Him, and not losing focus on my God-ordained vocation of marriage and family. Satan delights in tempting us to use our strengths in overdrive, which then become our weaknesses and can steal time from what’s truly important. It is a subtle snare.


That’s true in marriage as well, not just family. How often does one work self-inflicted overtime, spend copious amounts of time volunteering for this and that, even church related activities, or work long hours for a great cause, delighting in what they do, only to decimate time with their spouse (and/or children). These can be very good things if mutually agreed upon, but not when they are only to make you feel praised and loved by others, (while your spouse/family feels neglected.) 


Meditate on the following scripture passages, and when you read the word “ love”, add ‘for my spouse/family”.


If I speak in human and angelic tongues  but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3


Perhaps the question to ask oneself is, “What is the most loving behavioral response for my relationship?”  The challenge is to find moderation. Sometimes one can incorporate their spouse/family into their volunteer/ charitable time. And perhaps there may be times your spouse can help you meet a work deadline that is causing you to work into the evening. Simply put, reflect on what can bring you together rather than separate you more. 


Lord, we need your eyes to help us find the right order within our lives. We need your wisdom to help us make the best decisions within our vocation of marriage and family. We need your heart to love more intentionally. Guide our actions and words, so that we might become a reflection of you in all that we do, honoring your master plan for our lives. Jesus we trust in you! Amen.


Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet


Begin each day with a renewed love. Pass it on!