Friday, July 9, 2010

Pray for Families (Lies)

Good Morning Prayer Warriors!

I was reading some excerpts from “Lies Women Believe” by Nancy DeMoss, and the following “lie” caught my eye. And by the way, this lie isn’t only believed by women, so I suggest the men continue reading on!

As you read the lie, think of how it may apply to your life or your family and then meditate on the truth instead.

“Lie: I should not have to live with unfulfilled longings.
Truth: I will always have unfulfilled longings this side of heaven. The deepest longings of my heart can’t be filled by any created person or thing. If I accept them, these longings will increase my longing for God and heaven.”

But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we also await a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. He will change our lowly body to conform with his glorified body by the power that enables him also to bring all things into subjection to himself. Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, in this way stand firm in the Lord, beloved. (Phil 3:20-4:1)

Thank you for your ongoing commitment to pray for families on Fridays.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet