Monday, August 2, 2010

Pray for M.O.M. (Endurance)

Good Morning Prayer Angels,

Yesterday my 12-year-old son and I went hiking in Mount Rainier Nat’l Park. It was a true test of endurance (for me). It seemed the long hike was only UP. He would constantly say, “Come on mom!” and depending on how I felt at the time, those words sounded like either encouragement or frustration on his part! It was one of those journeys that I was quite proud of once I had completed the difficult part. So too it is with marriage. Some days, weeks, months, can feel like a test of endurance. However, if we quit too early, we never get to enjoy the beauty that awaits.

May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to think in harmony with one another, in keeping with Christ Jesus, that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Rom 15:5-6

So let us pray that all marriages are blessed with the gift of endurance and steadfastness. May all see God’s beauty around them and hear His gentle voice calling to them, “Come on, I am here with you. Don’t stop now”.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet