Monday, January 30, 2012

Pray for Marriages (Honoring the vow)

Greetings Prayer Warriors

It seems like all the magazine stands that I pass by lately have covers blasting the news of another celebrity breakup. Reasons are usually something like, "I fell out of love", " it wasn't fun any more," we didn't see much of each other," and "we were having trouble getting along". I wonder where they got the idea that marriage was nothing but a fairy tale and didn't take work? What were their vows, "Until we fall out of love do us part?" Can you imagine if that is how we viewed parenthood? "I'll be your parent until I stop liking you," or ".... until we stop getting along," or "...until I’m no longer the center of your world," or "....until it's not fun anymore.". If this was the case, I think there wouldn't be any parents left!

Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. John 6:68

Marriage is being attacked like never before. Let’s pray that the gift of sacramental marriage between a man and a woman is never lost. Let us pray that the Lord is invited into all marriages. And finally, let us pray that grace be poured out upon all those marriages struggling to keep their vows. Pray unceasingly.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Invite someone to pray for strength in their marriage. Pass it on.