Monday, January 23, 2012

Pray for Marriages (A steady grasp)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

For my job, I was asked to create a journey line, a timeline of the highs and lows in my life that helped shape who I am. As most would, it goes up, down, up, down. Interestingly, it created a picture of when I needed God the most. The downs were the times I called out His name and He reached out His hand to me. Funny how I only held His hand when I was down.

I have since learned that if I walk with Him on a daily basis, I am more aware of his unshakable love for me. I am filled with joy and peace which center my emotions and prepare me to handle whatever the day may bring. I now chose to stand on a firm Foundation. In a way, my jagged journey line is becoming more of a curve as I surrender to His will.

Yet I live, no longer I, but Christ lives in me. Galations 2:20

Ask the Lord to reach out His hand, and then firmly grasp it. Whatever the ups and downs of your life, soften the curve by not letting go. Then, since this is the day we pray for marriages, consider those in most need and pray that His saving hand calms their storms.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Invite someone to prayer. Pass it on.
Find Simply Inspired Prayer on Facebook.