Friday, July 12, 2013

Pray for Families (Pushing Forward)


Greetings Prayer Warriors,

This week I have been in the wilderness- literally.   High in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, the beauty is unbelievable.  There are plenty of lakes and hiking trails.  This week while hiking,  I have pushed myself farther than I ever thought I could go. Today al, I hiked 10+ miles up and down a mountain.  (That’s a lot for me.) It made me think, in what other parts of my life am I "self-limiting".  What about my spiritual life? Do I make excuses there too?  Don't have time, it's beyond my comfort zone, a prayer or two is enough....etc.

Brothers, I for my part do not consider myself to have taken possession.  Just one thing: forgetting what lies behind but straining forward to what lies ahead. I continue my pursuit toward the goal, the prize of God's upward calling, in Christ Jesus. Let us, then, who are "perfectly mature" adopt this attitude. And if you have a different attitude, this too God will reveal to you.  Philippians 3:13-15

Today as you pray for families, ask The Lord to show you where you are self-limiting in the expressions of  love you show for your family  and where you are self-limiting in your prayer life.    

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Share the wealth. Pass it on!