Friday, January 24, 2014


Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Loneliness.  It immediately triggers some memory, doesn’t it?  Today I would like to pray for the lonely.

Everyone has experienced it at some time in their lives.  But ironically, one can feel lonely even when surrounded by family and friends.  Perhaps this is the most painful kind of exile, feeling alone in this crowded world.

Perhaps the Lord allows such loneliness, because often it is in such darkness that we call for Him.   He is compassionate, because he understands it so well.  As you pray for the lonely, meditate on Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, left alone even after asking his disciples to stay awake with him.  Take a moment to FEEL his loneliness as he feels the weight of all that awaits him.  As he turns for support, look with him as he sees his beloved friends asleep.   Hear His prayers to the Father as He asks for His presence on the journey. 

Look upon me, have pity on me, for I am alone and afflicted.  Relieve the troubles of my heart; bring me out of my distress. Psalm 25: 16-17

Softly pray that the Lord will walk with the lonely, comfort them with His embrace, and resurrect them from the darkness.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Share a hug.  Pass it on!