Friday, February 27, 2015

Pray for Families (Hearing and Healing)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Have you ever had a conversation with someone and they listened but never heard?  Have you ever tried to explain to someone how their actions/words had a negative impact on you and rather than acknowledging the negative effect that their actions/words had, they instead tried to explain the why behind their actions/words?  Do you remember how that made you feel?  Dwell there for just a moment. 

They have treated lightly the injury to my people: “Peace, peace!” they say, though there is no peace. They have acted shamefully, committing abominations, yet they are not at all ashamed, they do not know how to blush.  Jeremiah 6:14-15

We all have the need to be heard and acknowledged.  Forgiveness/healing is slowed and even impeded without the acknowledgment of an injury and subsequent apology. 

Heal me, LORD, that I may be healed; save me, that I may be saved, for you are my praise.  Jeremiah 17:14

Spend some time this week being present in each moment.  Listen.  Hear.  Acknowledge.  Empathize, and as appropriate, apologize.  Let the healing begin.  Pray that you may be an instrument of healing in your family, in your church, in your workplace, and in your community. 

For I will restore your health; I will heal your injuries—oracle of the LORD. Jeremiah 30:17

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet


Let the healing begin.  Pass it on!