Friday, March 20, 2015

Pray for Families (Carefree Obedience)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Obedience.  

What emotional response did that word elicit in you?  Was it negative or positive?  Did you recoil from that word?  Embrace it? 

We first learn of obedience as children from our parents.  We connect it to rules and restrictions.  But if we look closer, didn’t obedience usually have positive results?  Were we more protected from harm and worry when we listened to our parents?  Did we thus become carefree without a worry in the world because they carried the burden? 

Similarly, our Heavenly Father wants us to obey him so that we may become unburdened.  What does He command us to do more than anything else?  Love.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.” Matthew 11:29:30

Yet we resist, telling ourselves that by not doing things our way, we will remain in power and control of our lives.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.”

I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Reflect on your life and your level of obedience. Then pray for yourself and your family that through faith, trust, and obedience, all will discover the freedom of obedience.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

True freedom lies in spiritual obedience. Pass it on!