Friday, June 19, 2015

Pray for Families (Fatherhood)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

With Father’s Day a rapidly approaching, I am contemplating fatherhood.  It has to be one of the most important jobs/vocations ever (the other being motherhood)!  Success as a father creates a legacy that will last longer than any accolade or achievement one can receive at work. No job is MORE important to society as a whole than that of being a parent who is present and engaged.  

Let us celebrate the gift that father’s are.  Let us pray that they look to the Heavenly Father for inspiration.  May they pray, knowing that we too support them in prayer:

Our Father in heaven, teach me your ways that I may be an example of righteousness to my children as I teach them to pray.
Hallowed be your name, may I praise you always and teach my children the power of your holy name;
Your kingdom come, as I welcome you daily into my heart and into our home so that we may know your kingdom here on earth.
Your will be done, so that I may experience the true freedom of obedience to You. Conform me to your will, my Lord!
On earth as in heaven, may the angels and saints pray for me as I try to lead my family down the narrow path to heaven.
Give us today our daily bread and help me to trust that you will always help me provide for the needs of my family. May I never neglect them because I am working for my wants.
And forgive us our debts, and I will promise to teach my family about the depths of your mercy.
As we forgive our debtors, may I always imitate your mercy as an example to my children.
And do not subject us to the final test, for we are weak and in need of your saving grace.
But deliver us from the evil one, for you are protective, compassionate, kind, and loving.  Please work in me, so that my children can speak of the unimaginable depths of a father’s love.   I love you my dearest Father.  Thank you for your eternal love.  Amen.
Matthew 6:9

Happy Father’s Day!  We are praying for you!

So be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:48

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

The gift of prayer is priceless. Pass this on to a special father.