Monday, June 29, 2015

Pray for Marriages (Fill the void)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Marriages are held in many different places these days, and I am no longer stunned when I hear of some of the crazier locations.  To add to the “specialness” of the ceremony, many couples want someone they know to marry them so they ask a friend to become a justice of the peace.  Perhaps it is because they no longer know a priest, minister, or rabbi because they don’t attend religious services.

How wonderful would it be if everyone decided to invite the Lord to be a witness at their wedding?!  No only that, but also decided to get married in His house!  

Why is a sacramental marriage important?  The list is lengthy, but I heard something today that made it so clear to me.  In a sacramental marriage, God occupies the space between husband and wife.  So no matter how small or great a divide may occur during the marriage, be it a crack or a canyon, it will be held together through faith in Him.

Surely, I wait for the LORD; who bends down to me and hears my cry, Draws me up from the pit of destruction out of the muddy clay, sets my feet upon rock, steadies my steps, And puts a new song in my mouth, a hymn to our God. Psalm 40:2-4

Those who fear the LORD trust in the LORD, who is their help and shield. The LORD remembers us and will bless us, Psalm 115:11-12

Come, Lord Jesus! Revelation 22:20

Please pray for couples who are engaged, that their eyes may be opened to their need for Christ and recognize the importance of inviting Him to their wedding.  Also pray for all that married couples that worry or despair over the great gulf between them. May they come to know that any gulf can be narrowed when the Lord is called upon to fill the void.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Fill the void of emptiness.  Send someone blessings and pass it on.