Friday, October 23, 2015

Pray for Families (Captive to Sexual Sin)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Desensitization - I am both fascinated and horrified by how insidious it is.  We live in a culture where what is good is bad and what is bad is good.  I marvel at how what wasn’t even allowed on television when I was growing up is now programmed during the family hour.  What would have been an X-rating in the movie theaters back then is now standard programming after 9:00 pm.  While sex outside of marriage and shacking up was more experimental back then, it is now commonplace, almost a prerequisite or even a substitution for marriage. Perpetrators of random campus shootings are often distraught over their virginity. In light of these reflections, the following scripture strikes me.

What I do, I do not understand. For I do not do what I want, but I do what I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I concur that the law is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh. The willing is ready at hand, but doing the good is not. For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want. Now if [I] do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. So, then, I discover the principle that when I want to do right, evil is at hand. For I take delight in the law of God, in my inner self, but I see in my members another principle at war with the law of my mind, taking me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Miserable one that I am! Who will deliver me from this mortal body? Roman 7:15-2


If you struggle with sexual sin, do not despair, for Christ can conquer all...if you acknowledge your helplessness and surrender your will to Him. 

By waiting and by calm you shall be saved, in quiet and in trust shall be your strength. Isaiah 30:15


Please pray for all who struggle with sexual sin: of the body, of the mind, of the heart.   Lord, open their eyes to the shallowness and artificial high of their behavior.  Break the chains that hold them captive.  True exhilaration and joy is only found in You! Praise be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Show your love by giving hope to someone held captive by sexual sin.  Pass in on!