Friday, October 9, 2015

Pray for Families (Get moving toward a truly Good Life!)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

It is so easy to float through life, going where the cultural winds blow you and then changing directions when the mood strikes.  We spend our time seeking pleasures, catering to our passions, and living the “good” life.   Most of us would also describe ourselves as good people.   In both cases, “good” is a matter of perspective, and for most, is descriptive of how they feel about their lives or themselves.

What jolts me from such self-adulation is reading the following words of Christ:

“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.” Luke 11:23

If I am not consciously walking toward Him, am I walking from Him? If I am apathetic in my desire to know, serve and love Him, can I truly say I am with Him or am I really against Him?

“I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, ‘I am rich and affluent and have no need of anything,’ and yet do not realize that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.” Revelation 3:15-17

Lord, help save me from complacency. Help me to hear you as you call my name. Give me the courage to open the door of my heart to you, for you are gentle and humble of heart.

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, [then] I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with me.”

Let us pray for each other and our families, that all may be filled with a holy desire, to know, love, and serve the Lord. Only them will we know the Good Life! Come Holy Spirit and set us ablaze with your love!

“I have come to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already blazing! Luke 12:49


Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Encourage others to move toward true goodness, which is God! Pass it on!