Monday, October 26, 2015

Pray for Marriages (Daily Recharging)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,


At one point in time I needed to come up with a quick acronym for love.   Almost immediately, “living our vocation everyday” popped into my mind.  Whether we are in the mood or not, L.O.V.E. is the answer, for it is the only way to keep a marriage empowered.  While we don’t think twice about recharging our electronics every day, how often do we intentionally recharge our marriage?  For if we don’t make a daily commitment to what we vowed to uphold before God, family, and friends, what will we commit to? 

Marriage is unique, complicated, beautiful, and at times, very difficult.  Our first commitment is to love one another, but perhaps during times of difficulty the only action that seems possible, is prayer. Pray for your spouse and your marriage. Prayer is like incense before the Lord; fragrant, captivating, and heartwarming.  Plus it reawakens us!

Let my prayer be incense before you; my uplifted hands an evening offering. Psalm 141:2

My Lord, my deepest yearning is before you; my groaning is not hidden from you. My heart shudders, my strength forsakes me; the very light of my eyes has failed. Psalm 38:10-11

Listen to my prayer, LORD, hear my cry; do not be deaf to my weeping! Psalm 39:13


If you are not married, pray for a couple in need. Be a voice of encouragement to other couples. Offer support in the way of friendship, compassion, and truth. Provide hope by offering to pray for them or with them.

So let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and to find grace for timely help. Hebrews 4:16


Lord, hear our collective prayers and know that we stand in the gap for marriages.  Hear the splintering of marriages and the moans of hearts in pain.  You teach us that what you have joined, man is not to separate. Help us live our vocation every day! When marriage feels like a cross too heavy to bear, come and support us. Transform our hearts, turn up the voltage of our love, and unite us like never before. Reenergize all marriages! God of mercy and love, hear and answer us!  Amen.

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Has your marriage lost its charge and needs to be reenergized?  Plug into Him! Pass it on!