Friday, May 13, 2016

Pray for Families (Purity)

Feast of Our Lady of Fatima*

Greetings Prayer Warriors! 

This week, it seemed everywhere I looked my eyes were accosted with seeing more of other female’s body parts than I cared to.  While watching G-rated television, a woman on the show literally dressed to “show”.  I silently screamed at the TV, I don’t want to see your______!  Then later in the week I went to order a tuxedo for my son’s prom. I tried not to stare, but in my bewilderment I couldn’t figure out who I was more distracted by, the sales lady who had a low zipped top or the other sales lady who I thought forgot to put her pants on that morning.  Silly me, her “top” was a very, very short romper!  I can only imagine what was going through the minds of the mainly all male customers.  It begs the question, “Is impurity of body, mind, and heart a victimless action?”

I offer you for reflection, this passage found in the diary of St. Faustina.

An inner recollection took hold of me immediately, and I saw the Lord Jesus tied to a pillar, stripped of His clothes, and the scourging began immediately. I saw four men who took turns at striking the Lord with scourges. My heart almost stopped at the sight of these tortures. The Lord said to me, I suffer even greater pain than that which you see. And Jesus gave me to know for what sins He subjected Himself to the scourging: these are sins of impurity. Oh, how dreadful was Jesus' moral suffering during the scourging! (Diary, 445).

If you struggle with impurity of any kind, stop and meditate on the above.

"More souls go to Hell because of sins of the flesh than for any other reason.”  Our Lady of Fatima
(Sins of impurity are less likely to be repented of than other sins)

"What does it profit a man if he gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?" Matthew 16:26

“Certain fashions will be introduced which will offend Our Divine Lord very much. Those who serve God ought not to follow these fashions. The Church has no fashions. Our Lord is always the same.” Our Lady of Fatima to Jacinta

Let us pray for families and each family member, so that with the Lord’s heavenly grace, each can resist temptations to impurity, be they visual, mental, or physical. There is always a reason for our hope, because we are blessed to have a merciful and loving Good Shepherd, who continually seeks his lost sheep.

Christ loved the church and handed himself over for her to sanctify her, cleansing her by the bath of water with the word, that he might present to himself the church in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.  Ephesians 5:25-27

Let we, the church, give praise! How awesome is He who suffered and died so that we may have life!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

His love endures forever!  Pass it on!