Friday, April 12, 2019

Pray for Families (Finding Unknown Joy)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials. 
James 1:2

Suffering, hardship, pain, humiliation-if this is a sign God loves you, perhaps you’ve begged for a little less love?!  Consider a loving father or mother.  Do they love you more when they allow you to struggle so that you may learn the value of hard work?  Or do they love you more when they rescue you from every struggle? Do they love you more when they let you live with the pain of your mistakes or when they make excuses for you so that you never have to pay the price for your missteps?  Does a charmed life make you more empathetic, sympathetic, and humble, or does a life of ups and downs more perfectly shape your character?  Which scenarios are going to make you more Christ-like?

Finding joy in trials is an aspiration. 
-Lord, help me praise you in the storm.

Embracing one’s cross is an act of the will.
-I will praise you in the storm.

Acknowledging that Jesus endured unspeakable suffering for me, changes everything.
-Praise you Lord, for your suffering on my behalf saved me from an eternal storm.

May I accept this gift in accord with your will.
-All praise and glory is yours both now and forever!

Lord, may I remember that You are my shield when venomous arrows fly toward me. May I be mindful that you are my comforter when my tears run freely. Make me cognizant that you love and protect my family members, even those who are far from me. May I not fear their trials nor mine, but find joy in the fact that your gaze is upon us.

Know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. And let perseverance be perfect, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:3-4

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

No victory occurs without previous trials. Boldly carry your cross for the victorious crown! Pass it on!