Monday, February 4, 2019

Pray for Marriages (Having Love)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

Just guessing here, but I bet for those who had scripture readings at your wedding, it is highly likely that you picked the verses from 1 Corinthians 13: Love is patient, love is kind… To a newlywed, it matches perfectly with their early experience of married life. But as the years progress and true challenges arise, patience and kindness may often dissipate. As the years progress, many couples struggle in their marriages, asking themselves if it is worth the fight, the suffering, the frustration of loving one who now seems so difficult to love.  

If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love,

I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.

And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love,

I am nothing.

If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love,

I gain nothing.                                                     1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Lord, help couples persevere in their love!

I will lead the blind on a way they do not know; by paths they do not know I will guide them. I will turn darkness into light before them, and make crooked ways straight. Isaiah 42:16

It is not for the success of a work, but for the suffering that I give reward. (The Lord’s words to St Faustina; Diary of St. Faustina, 90)

Lord, may our suffering be received as a sweet fragrance of love for you! Fill us with YOUR love, that it may overflow in our marriages. Keep us steadfast with your grace!

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Faith, hope, love remain…but the greatest of these is love. Pass it on!