Friday, June 28, 2019

Pray for Families (Grace to Love)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

When I was young, I would dream of the day I was married with a family. It was a perfect and romantic view of what it would be like to have children and raise them with my husband. Little did I dare to imagine how self-less, joyful, difficult, challenging, humbling, glorious, frustrating, fulfilling, expensive, life-altering, sacrificial, and heart-expanding it would be.       

How blessed I am!  Blessed to have children and blessed to have survived the many challenges that sought to derail my marriage. I was blessed by the Good Shepherd who sought to guide me and then pull me out of the thicket when I got derailed. He mirrored what parental love looked like, always seeking to help the lost, frightened, and misguided. I was blessed by His copious grace and well as the gift of faith. I continue to need this grace, and pray that your journey too will be fortified with grace.

Because you are precious in my eyes and honored, and I love you. 
Isaiah 43:4

Lord, shower parents, especially new ones, with the grace to strengthen them in faith, hope, and love. Give them greater wisdom, humility, gentleness, and self-control. Bless their children and grant them the gift of faith that it may be an eternal flame in their hearts. May they develop a holy hunger to know you, who are Truth personified. Through your Sacred Heart, unify and purify all of our hearts. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen.

Though the mountains fall away and the hills be shaken, my love shall never fall away from you nor my covenant of peace be shaken, says the LORD, who has mercy on you. Isaiah 54:10

Peace, Joy, and Love,
Janet

Prayer is a gift. Double down and pass it on!