Friday, June 12, 2020

Pray for Families (Love and Light)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

I saw a wonderful t-shirt recently that was emblazoned with “Make America Godly Again”. It made me smile, then made me think. The more we move God out, the more division that occurs. To reset, we need to draw closer to the Lord through prayer and the sacraments so that we may absorb and radiate His compassionate love into our hearts and back out into the world. It starts with the woman/man in the mirror. The only way for the world to get the big hug it needs is to first drop the labels and bias within our own families, (the loser, the slow one, the fat one, the narcissistic one, the radical one, etc.) and start loving, hugging, and being more tolerant in one’s own family. (That does not mean accepting bad behavior, but to reprimand in love.) 

We urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, cheer the fainthearted, support the weak, be patient with all. See that no one returns evil for evil; rather, always seek what is good [both] for each other and for all. 
1 Thessalonians 5:14-15

Know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to accomplish far more than all we ask or imagine, by the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:19:21

It all begins not with an “I’ll try,” but with an “I will” for I can do all things through him who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear? Psalm 27:1

Light up the darkness. Pray with and for your family, then go and be his light in the world!

Peace, Joy, and Love, 
Janet

Reflect Love and Light!!  Pass it on!