Friday, November 6, 2020

Pray for Families (The Leaven of Prayer)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

 

What a week! Never a dull moment! The election news and all that surrounds it is impacting the psyches of many.  Add to that the uncertainty of what the nation’s future will be, and you have a recipe for anxiety, depression, and confusion. Yet, there is a recipe that steals the leaven from the former and instead gives rise to peace, joy, and love, a balm for the soul.

 

Prayer is a yeast that will lift the downtrodden. During these times, let us pray for peace and healing within our families while meditating upon God’s Word.

 

Lord, there is much that worries me, help me to find rest for my soul.

 

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

 

Help me to let go of the anxieties that oppress me.

 

Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

 

Lord, be my shelter from all that swirls around me and robs me of my peace.

 

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.  John 14:27

 

But the world seems topsy-turvy Lord!

 

I have told you this so that you might have peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world.” John 16:33

 

Lord, forgive us our trespasses!

 

With age-old love I have loved you; so I have kept my mercy toward you.  Jeremiah 31:3

 

Praise and thanksgiving to Him who never abandons us. May we never abandon Him! Renewed by faith, may your prayers for one another continue to rise!

 

Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet

 

Be the leaven in the world! Pass it on!