Monday, November 30, 2020

Pray for Marriages (Ordinary to Extraordinary)

Greetings Prayer Warriors,

 

As we enter into Advent, I feel hopeful anticipation, perhaps tentative about just what Christmas will bring. I know I must prepare my heart first and foremost. I reflect on what Mary and Joseph must have felt as the impending birth of the Savior was only weeks away. I imagine they drew very close to each other, as their life as a couple was about to change from ordinary to extraordinary…in their eyes alone. 

 

Isn’t’ that what each married couple longs for, a life that becomes extraordinary, even if it only appears so to them? Yet that is exactly what the Lord offers each of us if we only allow him to be born fully into our marriage!

 

My dwelling shall be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. Ezekiel 37:27

 

That is a lot to contemplate! Spend Advent reflecting on where He is allowed in your relationship and where you are closing the door to Him. Search your own heart first and encourage your spouse to do the same. Then discuss ways in which you as a couple welcome or resist His presence. What might you do to more fully prepare for His coming and staying? Will you make room for Him? For what could be a better gift than to exclaim on Christmas morning, 

 

“We have found the Messiah” John 1:41

 

Pray for one another, that each will be prepared to receive the extraordinary this Christmas!

 

Peace, Joy, and Love,

Janet

 

Plan for His extended stay! Pass it on!